Network Automation Engineer (Hybrid Schedule)
- Job Title
- Network Automation Engineer (Hybrid Schedule)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Network Automation Engineer. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
This position requires candiates local to the following areas to report onsite on a flex basis:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Morris Plains, NJ
- Bloomfield, CT
- Nashville, TN
- Deliver infrastructure as code that has had automated end-to-end testing, documentation via published work & development processes & standards.
- Greatly reduce repetitive boring manual tasks so you can work on the fun challenging projects that advance efficiency and operational integrity of IT infrastructure.
- Interact with network engineers to create innovative solutions to reduce network impacting incidents, improve speed and accuracy of changes, reduce manual work and also enhance network tooling visibility.
- Build REST APIs using Python.
- Work closely with QA team to include automated testing into the build pipeline
- Work with the team to improve process, practice and tools in support of software development and delivery by improving our existing pipeline
- Documenting the existing standards and develop designs to improve the efficiency of the automation solutions
- Work in an Agile framework, and will be part of the Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Stand up, Sprint review and retrospective etc.
- Maintains the continuous integration servers used by the team. Support the team during code releases.
- Responsible for resolving infrastructure related events if an issue arises.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business or Computer Science preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of Python development experience
- 3+ years of solid DevOps experience.
- Expert in automation with solid experience in Network automation with Python.
- Four years’ experience with Django & Django Rest Framework
- Expertise with building end to end pipelines.
- Extensive experience with CI tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with using Ansible Vault and creating Ansible Playbooks
- Strong background in Linux, with a focus on RedHat in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience using configuration management software like Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experienced with Agile development environment
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools especially Git
- Experienced with REST and SOAP API integrations
- Two to four years’ experience with modern web technologies (such as Angular, Node, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bootstrap, TypeScript, HTML5, etc.) Emphasis on Angular/TypeScript
- Exposure to RESTAPI, web applications testing like SoapUI, Postman etc.
- Experience coding automation tests in a web application environment (Selenium, pytest etc.)
- Experience in cloud services (AWS, Azure or GCP) is a plus
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging technologies.
- Networking experience (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.) is a plus