Senior Linux Engineer (Red Hat) (Remote)
- Job Title
- Senior Linux Engineer (Red Hat) (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Senior Linux Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Provides engineering leadership and oversight on design, engineering and development of information technology solutions. Responsible for the most complex, multi-site, multi domain activities and integration.
- Manages the troubleshooting and resolution of infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations.
- Partners with IT leadership on engineering related issues and strategies.
- May manage infrastructure engineers on a project basis.
- Demonstrate engineering excellence in the design, systems management, patching, deployment, troubleshooting, and performance tuning for Linux based operating systems.
- Recommend and implement process improvements and automation to maximize system availability and consistency.
- Effectively mesh various infrastructure components, such as servers, storage, networks, etc. to a service or application.
- Set strategic direction and manage implementation.
- Provide timely, creative and alternative solutions to meet business needs.
- Provide off-hours support as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years of experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
- Proficient Linux administration skills in support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Thorough working knowledge of VMWare.
- Automation development skills.
- Experience migrating servers between major RHEL versions. Experience with Red Hat LEAPP is a plus.
- Experience supporting Red Hat Identity Management/Active Directory and Satellite.
- Experience using Ansible and Ansible Tower is preferable.
- Good understanding of networking and security concepts (switches, routers, firewall, etc).
- Ability to lead simultaneous projects and prioritize effectively.