Windows/VMware Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Windows/VMware Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Windows/VMWARE Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Dedicated to Windows 2012 Elimination Program with duties including but not limited to data/share migrations using various methods including but not limited to Peersync, Robocopy, swinging drives between servers.
- Assessment of Windows 2012 servers to confirm dependencies, active websites, active sessions, active shares, and applications to determine potential methods for migration from Windows 2012 to Windows 2016 and/or Netapp storage.
- Perform same assessment as above to confirm readiness for decommissioning of servers and to kick off decom requests and follow through to completion.
- Will work as part of an agile team with flexible hours as some night and weekend work will be required.
- Most servers are virtual in VMWARE with some also physical servers.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least four, typically six or more years’ experience in all phases of infrastructure systems management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
- 5-8 years of experience in deep root cause analysis for Microsoft Windows 2012 R2/2016.
- VMware 5.5, 6.0; P2V and V2V with storage vmotion.
- Peersync or Robocopy experience preferred or other data migration tools.
- Automation mindset with Powershell scripting or other a plus.
- Familiarity with Firewall rules.