Information Protection Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Information Protection Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- St. Louis, MO 63134
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for an Information Protection Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Partner with infrastructure and network teams to govern secured automation logic for firewall policy requests thereby minimizing manual labor demand
- Support the unification of legacy company firewall policy review practices; outline and execute a migration path to unified best in class solutions; assure security scrutiny is upheld and improved upon with deployment of automated processes
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical experience with enterprise network segmentation, zero trust model principles in enterprise networks.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of container isolation and cloud logical access management
- Demonstrate working knowledge of basic risk scoring methodologies, applied formularies, and risk tuning
- Ability to prioritize impactful changes and articulate value while steering the program forward
- Demonstrate experience with acquired subsidiary networks and complex architecture designs
- Maintains strong working relationships with individuals and groups involved in managing information risks across the organization.
- Serves as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in technology and the business enabling them to make informed risk management decisions
- Perform other security duties as assigned
- BS in Business, Computer Science, Information Security, Cyber Security, or a related field required, MA preferred
- 5-10 of experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (NIST 800, etc.)
- Minimum 5+ years of comparable security experience
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of fundamental information risk management concepts
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Firewall automation tools, such as Algosec.
- Software-Defined Networking
- Knowledge of AWS EKS, OpenShift, Azure cloud platform infrastructure, Hermes, Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Preferred Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)