Senior Network Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Nashville, TN 37221-2626
- Other Location
Senior Network Engineer (Infrastructure)
Conexess Group is aiding a large manufacturing and retail client in their search for a Senior IT Project Manager. As a 1 in 3 supplier globally, our client’s corporate headquarters is located in Nashville, TN, and supported by regional headquarters/sales offices in multiple areas, reach consumers in more than 180 countries. This is a hybrid role and will require employees to come to the office 2-3 days a week.
Reporting to the Global VP of Network, Infrastructure & Security, the Infrastructure Network Engineer will serve as the global subject matter expert (“SME”) for all network and related devices. The role is responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of all network components including firewalls, routers, switches, and application networking. This individual performs duties that include setting up equipment, administering and maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide networking, validating and implementing critical patches, best practices, secure networking and overall connectivity.
Leadership and Technical Acumen:
- Provide assistance around complex support issues - helping to identify root-case and/or remediate as needed.
- Partner with various functions to understand business needs & translate into viable technical solutions
- Participate in the global team outside North America on best methods and efficiency for network infrastructure.
- Provides Tier 2/3 support for all assigned support desk incident requests following the ITIL framework for service management.
- Maintain all networking aspects to include but not limited to Cisco Catalyst, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, VPN tunnels, Layer 7 security, routing, switching and to include performing a variety of assignments associated with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring and controlling networking systems.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including firewalls, routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, VPN’s, DNS, DHCP and security
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status and ongoing Uptime reporting to key stakeholders
- Some Server experience related to Windows Server, VMWare, Microsoft Azure, Office 365
- Contribute to Infrastructure initiatives for more efficiency and optimal performance for our users.
- Maintain ownership of the network infrastructure with full responsibility and follow through.
- Leading junior team members with your network technical knowledge
Vendor & Budget Management
- Work closely with 3rd party providers related to software and/or services.
- Ensure that operating & project related spending remains well within budget parameters.
- Previous working experience as a Network Engineer for 5 years or more
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Hands on experience with equipment from Meraki, Fortinet or Cisco
- Vendor management experience
- Exceptional intellectual and analytical curiosity with proven capability to strategically problem-solve using advanced qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Collaborative approach and outstanding listening skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment
- Must have bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline or comparable experience
- Industry Certifications preferred CCNA, CCNP, MERAKI CMNO, CompTIA Network+