Project Engineer 2 Warren, MI (Cost Engineering)(Electrical, Weld Assembly, Casting, Stamping)
- Job Title
- Project Engineer 2 Warren, MI (Cost Engineering)(Electrical, Weld Assembly, Casting, Stamping)
- Job ID
- Warren, MI
- Other Location
This role involves a high level of independent judgment, initiative, creativity, and the management of multiple assignments that focus on identifying accurate cost estimates as well as proposed cost reductions. The cost engineer will have exposure to the next generation of automotive vehicles while working with leading edge automotive experts and technologies.
- Develop cost models using ground up analysis for components in electric propulsion focused on Integrated Power Electronics, Onboard Charger Module, and other battery and drive unit components.
- Lead cost reviews cross functionally to communicate costs related to Battery Cells, Battery Modules, Battery Packs, Power Electronics, Electric Motors, Gearbox, Battery Electronics, and other systems/components related to Electric Propulsion.
- Apply manufacturing process knowledge and bill of material understanding to ensure that all applicable costs are fairly captured in cost models.
- Collaborate with cross functional peers to effectively communicate cost estimate as well as key assumptions used in the cost model.
- Collaborate with the purchasing team to enable fact-based negotiations with suppliers.
- Travel to supplier facilities as required to grow manufacturing process knowledge and enhance costing support to the specific engineering and/or purchasing team.
- Manufacturing process and cost knowledge in stamping, die casting, machining, and injection molding.
- Experience in cost evaluation of technical concepts. Preferred experience in developing cost models using ground up analysis in automotive/related industry.
- Ability to assimilate a large amount of cost data and clearly communicate necessary information to cross functional team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and complexity.
- Ability to lead change, resolve conflicts, and influence without direct authority.
- Ability to use data driven analysis to identify solutions and establish next steps to assigned projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with global team members and cross functional peers.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and expertise in Excel.
- Preferred experience with ground up costing of sub systems in electric propulsion - battery cells, battery modules, battery packs, battery electronics, power electronics, electric motors, gearbox.
- Preferred experience with Siemens Teamcenter Product Cost Management ground up costing software.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in automotive cost estimating, automotive manufacturing, automotive product design / engineering, or automotive purchasing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field of study.
- Preferred Qualifications: A Graduate degree in Engineering or Business Administration