Assistant Controller - Specialty Construction Firm
- Job Title
- Assistant Controller - Specialty Construction Firm
- Job ID
- Near Oak Brook, IL
- Other Location
What the Company Offers You:
- Privately held construction firm with 70+ years in business
- Industry leader within their niche
- New, state of the art office located near Oak Brook, IL
- $100M+ in revenue with rock solid financials and sustained growth
- Exceptional bonding capacity, even being asked to bond for larger General Contractors
- Strong repeat business with core group of high-profile clients and vendors
- Clear vision for growth and highly competitive project delivery systems
- Received awards for Safety, Corporate Citizenship, Industry Leadership, and Technology
- Report directly to top financial leader
- Well-defined transition plan to replace Controller
- Sophisticated and well-managed ERP system
- Long tenured employees and minimal turnover
- Zero layoffs during Pandemic!
- Brand new headquarters with your own office
- Schedule flexibility and work from home one day a week!
- Routine, company lunches with co-workers + company-wide events
- Excellent Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision, HSA, 401K (immediate vesting), Vacation, Paid Holidays, Continued Education, and a discretionary year-end bonus
The Assistant Controller will perform a variety of day-to-day accounting activities, reporting directly to the Controller. You will follow a well-defined career progression path with the goal of advancing to and replacing the existing Controller. Immediate responsibilities include learning every accounting function, including managing Accounts Payable, Project Accounting, Labor activities (labor reporting, compliance, union reports, onboarding employees, and reconciling data), and other activities including Insurance compliance, equipment/inventory, and serving as back-up on AR/AP. Once mastered, you will quickly move on to higher level accounting responsibilities before taking over the lead financial role.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of accounting experience in Construction, Manufacturing, or Public Accounting
- Knowledgeable about job cost or standard cost methods
- Exposure to robust/sufficiently complex ERP system helpful
About DK Cole and the Process:
DK Cole is a privately-owned executive search and consulting firm, specializing in construction, and we have been hired on retainer to conduct this confidential search by the client company. We will share all the details on our client company during the initial phone call, if the role makes sense for you, and your qualifications are suitable. Maintaining your confidentiality is a priority, so your resume will only be submitted at your approval and direction. We will keep you updated at every step in the process and appreciate your time and consideration of this opportunity. Please send your resume in Word, including a personal email address and mobile number where we can text or leave voicemails for you during 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours.