Splunk Engineer (Hybrid Schedule)
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer (Hybrid Schedule)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Splunk Engineer. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
** This position requires a candidate local to one of the following locations to operate on a hybrid schedule, onsite 2-3 days per week**
- Bloomfield, CT
- Bloomington, MN
- Philadelphia, PA
- Deep understanding and experience supporting and servicing : Splunk, Cribl
- Experience working within Cloud environment AWS, Azure.
- Onboard new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data;
- Knowledge of monitoring and observability practices & best practices;
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring solutions for scalability, reliability and performance;
- Lead troubleshooting calls and drive to root cause resolution of problems across the enterprise;
- May be assigned to special projects that drive continuous improvement of services and production support processes;
- Conducts application(s) checkout and testing following releases and/or issue resolution;
- Maintains process and troubleshooting documentation;
- Work closely with Agile Program Management, Application Teams, Engineering Partners to ensure collaboration on deliverables;
- Available On-Call 24x7 support (rotational schedule).
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Splunk Engineer with expertise in AWS, Azure and Cribl
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates;
- At least 5 years administering Splunk environments, including but not limited to the following:
- Expert understanding of monitoring tools, components, and best practices for network/application monitoring;
- Experience implementing best in class engineering strategies to support a distributed clustered Splunk environment consisting of Search Heads, Indexers;
- Manage application availability, performance, and pro-actively find performance bottlenecks;
- Familiar with integrating external data inputs including Syslog, files, and REST API - Strong knowledge of Splunk best practices (apps, add-ons, searches, etc.) - Configure data transformations – field extractions, execute, Regex for example.
- Ability to create complex SPL queries, look ups, joints, data models , comprising of statistical functions;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on IT projects across multiple organizations;
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting.
- Experience working with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Ansible Tower, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GIT;
- Experience working with Cloud (AWS/Azure);
- Experience with the following technologies: Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, GitHub, Windows PowerShell, Java Script, Python, and VMWare;
- Experience with the following systems is a must: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX) and Windows;
- Experience working on Agile Kanban Scrum teams.