IBM MQ Engineer (100% Onsite)
- Job Title
- IBM MQ Engineer (100% Onsite)
- Job ID
- Morris Plains, NJ
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a client in their search for an IBM MQ Engineer. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
This is a 100% onsite position in Morris Plains, NJ.
- Responsible for the installation, implementation, performance, testing, and integrity of a large IBM MQ environment
- Responsible for MQ Engineering and support on Linux, ZOS, AIX, Windows and AS400
- Responsible for MQ Support for MQ Clusters, Uniform Clusters, and Multi-instance Queue Manager
- Work with Development, Operations, and other technical teams on new and existing MQ and IIB/ACE project implementations
- Maintain IBM MQ and IIB/ACE system options for optimum performance and availability
- Assist with the development and maintenance of MQ standards and procedures
- Work with internal and external clients in implementing MQ solutions and problem resolution
- Working with operation teams to quickly resolve incidents and automate operational processes such as IPLs, Queue Manager recycles, and dump processing
- Developing MQ and IIB/ACE platform designs and architectures
- Ability to provide L3 escalation support
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science/Management or equivalent work experience
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience supporting MQ in large IBM Linux/z/OS/AIX/Windows environment
- At least 8 years of experience with RHEL, ZOS, AIX, and Windows
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on administration experience with IBM App Connect Enterprise (ACE) and/or IBM Integration Bus (IIB)
- Experience with AS400 and Windows is a plus
- Experience MQ SSL implementation
- Experience with MQ Client and MQ Resource Adapter
- Experience with MQ High Availability - Queue Sharing Group, Multi-Instance Queue Manger
- Experience with mainframe software installation, maintenance and support
- Experience with automation framework/language/engine like Ansible is a plus
- Experience with monitoring and dashboarding tools like IR360, Splunk, Tivoli, and other system management tools is a plus.