Business Process Consultant
- Job Title
- Business Process Consultant
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Alexandria, VA 22301
- Other Location
Business Process Consultant
Remote (prefer candidates local to the DC Metro Area)
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a growing Federal contractor with a great culture to identify a Business Process Consultant. The Business Process Consultant requires the highest-level of understanding of the organization’s business systems, processes, and best practices. The focus is on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical and non-technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment. Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating these changes to impacted stakeholders, users, and process owners. Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts. May lead re-engineering teams and act as a project manager as needed.
As the Business Process Consultant you will;
Your background will likely include the following;
- Provides process engineering technical support expertise to activities and projects in order to improve operations within the organization.
- Analyzes processes and reengineering alternatives, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and communicating these changes to impacted stakeholders, users, and process owners.
- Performs analyses and develops related recommendations. Uses analyses to develop recommended business and operational improvements, increasing effectiveness and gaining efficiency.
- Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts, to include incorporating Lean Six Sigma, CMMI, and/or Quality Management and other continuous process improvement methodologies and techniques/tools.
- Develops and facilitates implementation of solutions to complex problems.
- U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years' experience
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
- Experience with developing and growing client relationships, including proactively engaging with clients to identify challenges, recommend solutions and manage expectations
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to the client
- Ability to participate in client-facing discussions and meetings
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills to gain understanding of key customer issues
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Heightened attention to detail, with the ability to create and edit technical and non-technical written work products and graphical presentations
- Ability to support business development (as needed) by researching and tracking opportunities and supporting proposal responses that align to candidate's areas of expertise
- Able to anticipate client needs, recognizing and acting on opportunities to enhance client service and expand the scope of engagement
- Experience analyzing and reporting data
- Experience with facilitation and consensus building skills
- Ability to quickly comprehend complexity and convey findings in concise, well-written documents or presentations
- Experience and comfort with cloud-based and desktop MS Office products, including MS Project and MS Visio
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to view problems from multiple angles and apply a variety of solutions
- Demonstrated experience in consulting with a specialization in business and operational process change
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Able to excel in high-pressure situations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Certification(s) Preferred: CAPM, PMP, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of project management principles and the phases of project management (Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring, Closure)
- Experience planning and executing projects of varying degrees of complexity, preferably projects that involve serving a client and engaging directly with the client throughout project performance
- Experience supporting Federal Government clients
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Prior business development efforts, proposal development
If you feel you are qualified for this opportunity and would like to learn more, please apply.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.