Technology Support Specialist I
- Job Title
- Technology Support Specialist I
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Technology Support Specialist I
3+ months W2 Contract
Benefits You’ll Love:
- NextDeavor offers health, vision and dental benefits for contract employees.
- You’ll be eligible to receive Paid Sick Leave (Amount varies per state).
- Own the opportunity to get your foot in the door at a well-established corporation, with the likelihood of extension or conversion to full time employment (NextDeavor’s conversion rate is approximately 70%!)
Become a key player as a Technology Support Specialist I:
The Technology Support Specialist I performs daily routine technical support. This professional consults with the supervisor for task prioritization and effectively applies technical knowledge. This individual also specializes in one or more areas, including support center/technology support, networking, telecommunications, help desk, and technology certification. The Technology Support Specialist I assists others in the technology department, as needed.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact on the team:
- Under direct supervision, provide after-hours service for escalated issues from the National Help Desk or supervisor.
- Assist with the deployment of hardware and software to clients (including the installation, configuration and testing of basic firm hardware).
- Assist with new hire processing (account requests, verification, basic equipment configuration).
- Perform basic software troubleshooting and hardware triage support.
- Assist with the equipment and set-up for conference/meeting facilities, as directed.
- Assist with off-site support for client functions/meetings.
- Handle minor administrative functions such as moving and delivering equipment to clients.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as changing passwords.
- Handle minor functions such as moves, adds, changes, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning support requests, systems status, and network connectivity.
- Resolve hardware and software problems for firm-standard hardware/software.
- Record inquiries, and repair/service requests.
- Diagnose problems through research, isolation and resolution steps using automated systems via Remedy.
- Report problems with procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Escalate to or consult with senior staff when a solution is unclear.
- Coordinate, track, and maintain inventory, including software and documentation upgrades, distributions, and licenses.
- Process firmwide requests for software and documentation.
- Track software licenses to ensure that the firm does not violate its agreements, and work with Purchasing and Contracts departments regarding software licensing and maintenance issues.
- Coordinate mass distributions, including on-site software duplication and documentation reproduction.
- Make recommendations to management regarding update and maintenance processes.
- Perform administrative duties, as required.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Approximately 0-2 years of experience in technology support with working knowledge of a functional specialty
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
$24.00 - $30.00/hour
Ready to make your mark? Take the leap and apply now – your application is in good hands.
- Pay Range
- $24.00 Hourly to $30.23 Hourly