National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Administrative Assistant - DevCo
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant - DevCo
- Job ID
- Bloomington, MN 55437
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid. It has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to provide vital support to our Development Leadership Team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in maintaining efficient operations by assisting with administrative tasks and facilitating effective communication among the Development Company. This individual is a self-starter who can successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks and is able to adapt quickly to change.
- Calendar Management:
- Coordinate and manage meetings and conference calls for the leadership team. Ensure schedules are up-to-date and conflicts are resolved promptly.
- Build relationships by facilitating clear and effective communications within internal and external teams, including drafting and distributing emails, memos, and other correspondence as needed.
- Document Management
- Maintain accurate and organized digital and physical filing systems. Assist in creating, formatting, and editing documents, presentations, and reports. Coordinate and notarize signature requests for the leadership team.
- Travel Coordination & Expense Management
- Arrange travel itineraries, accommodations, and transportation for leadership team members attending conferences, site visits, and other meetings.
- Process and track leadership team expenses, ensuring company policies and budget guidelines are adhered to.
- Meeting Support
- Prepare agendas, materials, and presentations for internal and external meetings. Take meeting minutes and follow up on action items as required. Arrange audio/visual, food and beverage for meetings as needed, including set-up and tear down of meal and A/V prep areas.
- Data Entry and Analysis
- Assist in data entry, data collection, and basic data analysis to support the leadership’s team reporting and tracking needs.
- Project Assistance
- Provide administrative support for various development projects, including research, data collection, creation of organizational charts, and coordination with cross-functional teams.
- Office Operations
- Assist with office supply management, equipment maintenance, and other administrative tasks to ensure a smooth and productive work environment.
- Ad Hoc Support:
- Undertake special projects and assignments as directed by the Development Team leadership. Serve as backup support to front desk as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related field. Proven experience as an administrative assistant or in a similar support role. Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines effectively. Ability to apply for and receive a notary stamp. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in drafting professional correspondence and documentation. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with virtual meeting platforms. Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and document preparation. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and external partners while maintaining a positive and professional attitude. Resourceful and proactive in resolving challenges and addressing issues that may arise in daily operations. Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and take on new tasks as needed. Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Individual contributor; in-office Monday-Friday
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
National Grid Renewables is an equal-opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience, and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. Geronimo Energy, a National Grid Company, is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.