Data Scientist - Python
- Job Title
- Data Scientist - Python
- Job ID
- Denver, CO
- Other Location
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a true innovator within the Intelligence and Defense community, committed to putting the well-being of their employees at a similar level of importance as their focus on client mission. When you consider your next career move think about some of these questions:
Are you interested in taking the next BIG step of your career into Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Cloud Computing capabilities?
Do you believe in contributing to real-life mission critical projects that could strengthen our country’soverall security?
Does it matter to you that your employer invests in you including great benefits, PTOs, flexible compensation plans, and is committed to your future?
Do you like the challenge of modernizing capabilities while developing critical enhancements? This systems modernization project incorporates the latest technologies in Cloud Computing, Microservices Architecture, AI/ML, and DevSecOps to provide Computer Vision capabilities. This team is at the forefront of developing and operating state-of-the-art Geospatial Intelligence analysis software.
As a Data Scientist, you will be a key member of a tight-knit agile development team, working closely with software developers and teams to establish a consolidated data analytics environment utilizing COTS and FOSS software. Your work will involve collaborating on the integration of capabilities from different systems and being a key voice in the design, development, test, and integration of many components within a microservice architecture.
Active Top Secret clearance with an ability to obtain SCI access and willingness to obtain CI Polygraph
US Citizenship required
As a Data Scientist, you will...
- Designing, develop, and implement custom data analytic solutions and apply data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data
- Utilize the latest technologies in Cloud Computing, AI/ML, and DevSecOps.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in data engineering and cloud data processing services (AWS Cloud)
- Excellent programming skills in Python and SQL
- Experience in Tableau, Tableau Server, and PowerBI dashboard development
- Experience working in Databricks/Jupyter notebooks
- Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
Additional Skills We'd Like to See:
- AWS Certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
- Security+ Certification
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms/databases like ElasticSearch
- Experience with Big Data ingest and processing technologies (e.g. ETL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch for Hadoop, SQL schemas and queries, Kafka, Spark)
- Experience with development in microservice based architectures
- Knowledge of and experience with Geospatial data and technologies
The compensation for the role will be in the $100K-$170K range. Note the salary information provided is a general guideline only. Salaries are based on candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.