Lead Civil Engineer
- Job Title
- Lead Civil Engineer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Houston, TX 77027
- Other Location
Lead Civil Engineer
Houston, TX 77027
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Engineer to support a contract for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sectors. The position is a contract-to-hire requiring at least 4 months of contract tenure to be eligible for full-time hire. The work location is Houston, TX with a flexible work schedule (3 days per week in the office; 2 days per week from home).
As the Civil Engineer supporting the design team, you will support Site Surveys to establish existing conditions for design and construction. For the Site Survey you will be part of, and may lead, a survey team that visits U.S. Land, Air, and Sea Ports of Entry to determine site conditions to support the design of subsequent construction of Radiation Portal Monitors. Information to be collected includes:
The survey team will collect template-specified site data including photo and video records through data collection applications, which are immediately available to remote personnel, and then conduct a video conference with engineering team members to determine if any additional data from inspections, meetings, and consultations are needed. This position will also support the development of the Site Survey report and follow-on design efforts including RFI response during the construction phase. In Particular, this position oversees civil and structural design activities including developing general arrangement drawings, site plans, sections and details, foundation details, elevations, bollard and trench locations, signage, and demolition. May require up to 50% travel both within and outside the United States.
- Traffic volumes.
- Permitting agencies.
- Special traffic control requirements.
- Power supply locations.
- Quality of power.
- Background Radiation Survey results.
- Location of alarm stations.
- Existing conduit for power and comms that have space for additional cable.
- Wireless equipment and availability.
- Overhead canopy use to run conduit.
- Confirmation of permitting authority for all areas of installation (ID ownership or operator property boundaries).
- Construction work schedules (special schedules).
- Security requirements.
- Stakeholder design approval authority.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or an equivalent technical/scientific discipline degree related to area of specialty.
- A minimum of 8 years of related professional experience.
- Experience with CAD and other similar design software.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.