National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation.
National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Solar Plant Manager - Ross & Fayette
- Job Title
- Solar Plant Manager - Ross & Fayette
- Job ID
- Ross County, OH 45601
- Other Location
National Grid Renewables is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community-focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid. It has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction, and operation.
National Grid Renewables is seeking a Solar Plant Manager to join our operations team. The Plant Manager will manage the day-to-day field operations and maintenance of the Utility scale solar facility. The facilities in Ross County Ohio include 168 MWac combined Solar with the potential for Battery Storage in the future. This position includes development and compliance with an operating budget, outage coordination and scheduling with the interconnect entity, and oversight of operations and maintenance to ensure work is carried out using prudent industry standards and practices. In addition, this position will play a vital role in establishing procedures, training, a strong safety culture, and tooling as National Grid Renewables moves towards self-performance of solar facilities.
- Ensure the operation plant provides maximum availability/reliability in a safe, economical, and proactive manner by providing direction and supervision to operations personnel.
- Ensure strict management and compliance of all company and project environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs.
- Assist with hiring key personnel, establish training, work and safety procedures, maintenance schedules, and other critical areas required as part of self-performance of operations and maintenance.
- Perform staffing activities, counseling, coaching, training, and corrective actions of subordinate employees. Prepare performance evaluations per company instructions and guidelines.
- Manage SWPPP permits at each site along with vegetation permit requirements.
- Assist in preparing annual budget for solar sites and maintain operating expenses within.
- Participate in and promote job/work package safety analysis, job site safety observations, audits, safety meetings, safety training, and injury/event assessment.
- Ensure execution of work schedule by planning day to day activities and coordinating outages.
- Oversee plant performance and assist with troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance, and warranty activities/claims of all equipment, ensuring compliance with manufacturers' requirements.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports which include but are not limited to, project status, plant statistics, expenses, and adherence to contractual requirements.
- Assist with performing QA/QC of the project while still in the construction phase and ensure successful transition from construction to operations.
- Participate/lead in the development and revision of site procedures ensuring input from subject matter experts.
- Set up sites for proper tooling, inventory, spare parts, and other equipment necessary to perform efficiently and effectively.
- Administer warranties. Submit and track warranty claims. Track all on loan parts and reconcile with appropriate parties
- Manages implementation of capital improvement programs and retrofits.
- Manages National Grid Renewables field personnel performing balance of plant inspections, operations, maintenance, and warranty activities of all equipment.
- Four-year college degree or technical school certificate; or 5 years of related experience or power industry training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in solar facility operations and maintenance including a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a broad range of renewable or other power generation development, design, permitting, construction, or operations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Valid Driver's License & ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work around low and medium voltage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge of equipment required for facility maintenance.
- Proficient interpreting electrical schematics and prints.
- Experience in Solar Plant and/or BESS operations.
- Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching & ability to run test equipment for troubleshooting.
- Experience establishing and improving preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice
- Previous supervisory or management experience.