Signals Software Engineer (IA-0-3)
- Job Title
- Signals Software Engineer (IA-0-3)
- Job ID
- Hanover, MD
- Other Location
Legato, LLC recruiters (Staffing@legatocorp.com) would love to speak with you regarding the following position: Signals Software Engineer in Hanover, MD.
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
What You Will Do:
The Signals Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances signal processing software (e.g., detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware and software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) and Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience writing software using different languages (e.g. C++, Java, etc)
- Knowledge of various signal processing techniques and ability to implement Digital Signal Processing (DSP) in software
- The ability to identify various digital modulation techniques
- Experience developing and implementing algorithms to meet system performance and functional standards
- The ability to use signal processing algorithms to convert a signal into a more useable form
- Nice to have experience with identifying the source of problems in a Radio Frequency (RF) processing system
- Looking for all levels of candidates with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science
Legato, LLC is a dynamic small business headquartered in Columbia, near Ft. Meade, MD. Our positions include Cyber, Software, Systems, Networking, Data Science and other complex engineering capabilities. We set ourselves apart by having employees in the top of their field and who enjoy working at Legato for its attention to its employees, aggressive compensation, and benefits package and upward mobility possibilities.
Legato LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.