Director of Recruiting and DE&I (NYC).545
- Job Title
- Director of Recruiting and DE&I (NYC).545
A high-stakes, cutting-edge litigation practice located in New York City seeks a Director of Recruiting and DE&I to provide support for the day-to-day execution of attorney, law student and staff recruiting functions at the firm. The base salary is $160K-$225K.
The Director of Recruiting and DE&I will create and implement new diversity initiatives and strategies and contribute to a diverse range of internal- and external-facing functions, with significant room to take initiative and play an impactful role in continuing to build a successful and growing firm. Duties include the following:
- Manage all processes surrounding law student, staff, judicial clerk and lateral recruiting, including interviews, feedback and analysis of candidate materials.
- Oversee OCI process from start to finish for all law schools.
- Ensure timely and professional correspondence with potential candidates, law schools and recruiters.
- Oversee the firm’s summer associate program, including orientation, onboarding, trainings, social events, work assignment process, and the mid- and end-of-summer evaluation processes.
- Develop and implement firmwide recruiting strategy in collaboration with Partners and Chief Operating Officer.
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Professional Development and Business Development teams to develop and implement onboarding and integration strategy for all new hires.
- Oversee attorney offer process, including presenting offer recommendation packets to firm leadership.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with law school leaders and career services offices to build the firm’s brand on campus.
- Manage professional development of legal recruiting staff.
- Conduct market research on legal recruiting trends, stay up-to-date on legal hiring market and provide updates internally.
- Lead special projects as assigned by Managing Partner.
- Drive the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and execution in collaboration with firm leadership and DE&I team.
- Lead programming and initiatives for heritage months and firmwide training curriculum.
- Lead planning and oversee coordination of the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion programming, including support for the firm's Equity & Inclusion Committee, along with creating, maintaining, and distributing related internal resources.
- Oversee completion of firm DE&I surveys, reports, and compilation of other statistical information for firmwide communications, meetings, and other requests.
- Monitor industry DE&I data and assist with efforts for analyzing and reporting internal DE&I metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the firm’s DE&I strategy and initiatives.
- Maintain effective engagement and ongoing relationship building with law schools and law student groups throughout the calendar year (e.g. panel presentations for 1Ls, events and sponsorship opportunities, communications, etc.).
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Must have relevant law firm experience.
- Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake-free.
- Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team.
- Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity. You work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Flexibility: You are flexible to be available after hours to assist with recruiting and professional development projects as assigned. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a "no job too big, no job too small" attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the firm.
- Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and firm matters.
- Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
- Technology Skills: Tech-savvy and highly capable user of Microsoft Office, with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge. Knowledge of viGlobal applicant-tracking software and/or website management preferred.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.