BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
- Tyson's and Bethesda
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI CI Poly
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
10 years with 3 years supporting the IC
Performs a variety of administrative duties, providing mission support within the Mission Directorates of the customer. The position provides general administrative services and directly supports one or more functions or business areas, including: facilities management, finance, human resources, imaging and publishing, information management, logistics, procurement, medical, and security. Aid the completion of routine to moderate tasks and requirements for general office and/or program support. The nature of the work is primarily transactional in nature and requires knowledge of administrative processes and procedures. Varying degree and latitude shall be allowed to exercise independent judgment in accordance with well-established, routine policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight for the daily activities of the office including performance direction of, if assigned, one or more administrative assistants and be able to train new member on process and procedures for requirements.
- Review all incoming correspondence and monitor Lotus Notes for items requiring immediate attention or action, compose correspondence, monitor external/internal communications, address communications in an expeditious manner and bring critical issues to the Sponsor being supported.
- Manage calendars, phone/e-mail, and travel (domestic and international) and contacts (both internal and external) using Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook or any other system determined necessary by the Government. Create, maintain and update all charts, lists and calendars as well as reporting travel schedules and attendance for the office being supported.
- Maintains a schedule of appointments for manager(s) or office; opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail, newspapers, faxes, and other publications/documents.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the scheduling, organizing, and execution of meetings, conferences, and off-sites, participates in meetings and events: serving as recorder or working member of group, schedule VTC’s, conference calls, and schedule meeting rooms. Greets and/or escorts visitors and guests
- Maintains and reconciles accounting records, Processes travel, training, and POV vouchers, Assists with the approval process for credit card purchasing, Handles disbursing transactions including airline tickets, metro checks, and general travel information
- Passes and receives clearances, use the Agency’s Visitor Access Request system and prepares access lists as necessary, and assists in the transportation of material and people
- Maintain an efficient office environment, to include ordering supplies and arranging for repair of office equipment, deliver items to customers, assists in the oversight and accounting for inventory
- Prepares weekly status reports of action items and completion of tasks related to the execution of a program, process, or transaction; present assigned and other information through briefings to various audiences.
- Tracks overall project(s) spending, including burn rates on individual contracts, maintains inventory; issues equipment, records, receipts, or supplies, assists with office renovations and move management activities
- Maintains tracking records and filing systems; archives files as necessary. Performs data input, data collection and research; retrieves information or documents from databases and the Internet. Maintains and updates databases or spreadsheets. Prepares and tracks various statistics
- Create/format documents, spreadsheets, databases and presentations; to include drafts, proofreads, and edits all correspondence; produces other documents such as instructions, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports; collect and prepare materials for use in meetings/discussions.
- Performs as a focal point for response to queries regarding local in-house and Agency-wide administrative databases, such as those for Training and Timekeeping.
- Provides back up support and assistance to office support positions and functions, as required
- Upon Government approval, coordinate all logistical details for meetings and events. For meetings, this includes scheduling rooms, sending out meeting announcements, tracking attendance, coordinating food services; take minutes as appropriate and distributing follow-up materials.
- Review directives and instructional materials pertaining to administrative practices and clerical policies and procedures to stay abreast of new, revised or amended policies and regulations.
- Evaluates, proposes, and/or implements innovative and/or new administrative processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of support administration.
- Communicate effectively with customers and provide superior customer service at all times.
- Other executive administrative functions, as tasked.
- Ability to obtain working knowledge of Agency and/or IC regulations, policies, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge in the use of MS Office Suite applications, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess moderately complex information from multiple sources and draw logical conclusions
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine to moderately complex questions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to perform as a focal point for a program or process
- Ability to manage own activities and office workflow under tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently and rapidly store and retrieve information using filing and tracking systems
- Ability to establish administrative contacts and professional relationships for networking and liaison across the Agency/IC
- Ability to apply a strong customer focus orientation to understand customer requirements, suggest, and implement solutions
- Ability to ensure that management, co-workers, customers, and stakeholders are kept informed
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require extended hours
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Analytic ability to evaluate HR data, resolves inconsistencies, and proposes innovative solutions to challenging problems, if applicable.
- Ability to learn and research Agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills