Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Senior UI Developer
- Job Title
- Senior UI Developer
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Location: Houston, Texas
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Job Description UI Developer
The UI Developer is a Houston based role with the primary responsibility of creation and maintenance of dynamic user interface templates used by multiple applications. To be successful in this role, the UI Developer must be able to make sound and straightforward decisions to solve complex problems, demonstrate skill competency in utilized technologies, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced, product delivery-focused environment. User Interface Developers will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The UI Developer will possess advanced knowledge of web and mobile development skills and will play a key role in building the front-end of P97 software products/solutions.
- Participate and assist in the creation of User Stories/Designs, Requirement Clarification, and Technical Specifications to support Automation development and delivery efforts.
- Formulate and implement strategic designs to enhance the usability of a product.
- Design key section of mobile applications for P97 that are hosted in an Azure cloud-based environment.
- Focus on a mature UX design process and offer overall designs for the interface.
- Conduct user experience designs, formal and informal usability tests, for connected car and mobile clients.
- Collaborates with the design and product team to build cross-browser compatible and performance-optimized UIs.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of web and mobile UI; adhere to, and extrapolates, complex design systems and apply knowledge to coded pages, screens, and states.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills to effectively communicate issues to technical, non-technical, and management groups.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented design and programming.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of dynamic user interface templates used by multiple applications.
- Create, develop, and complete with page-level unit testing typically utilizing HTML and other web development tools.
- Create UI prototypes in wireframes, IA construction of menu layout, and persona definitions.
- Create, develop, and maintain dynamic user interface templates for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
- Participate in problem-solving, requirements gathering, definition, and design of new or changing applications.
- Support and create code deliverables to enable automation efforts across the following areas:
- Mobile application development
- Data API development
- 3rd party software and data services integration
- Database development and 3rd party database integration
Key Success Factors
- 3+ years of prior experience in a product development or custom application development process
- 3+ years’ experience or education in relevant .Net technologies, including C#
- Prior design and development experience with a focus on e-commerce in web and mobile applications.
- Experience working on mobile applications, websites, and connected systems.
- Track record of successfully managing expectations through the product development process
- Effective communications with customers and P97 stakeholders during the product development process
- Effective communications with management and understand how to manage internal escalations
- Perform peer code reviews and author technical specifications.
- Mentor less experienced team members on projects and work requests.
- Ability to complete projects ahead of schedule
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud technology (or any cloud technology)
- BS Degree in a STEM field (Computer Science preferred)
- Retail Oil and Gas industry experience is a huge plus!
- Maintain P97’s security and compliance standards in all work aspects and follow PCI, GDPR, and ISO requirements
- 3+ years of experience in Single Page Application development
- 3+ years of experience with HTTP basics
- 1+ year of experience with HTML5
- 1+ year of experience with CSS3 (responsive/adaptive markup or bootstrap framework)
- 1+ year of experience with SPA frameworks knowledge (React/AngularJS/or Angular)
- 1+ year of experience using Build tools (Webpack/Gulp)
- 1+ year of experience with GIT Version control system
- 1+ year of experience with JS superset languages (TypeScript, CoffeeScript)
- 1+ year of experience with CSS pre-processors (SCSS, LESS, or Stylus)
- 1+ year of experience with HTTP-servers (Nginx or IIS)
- 1+ year of experience with NodeJS basics
- Experience working on projects that involved mobile commerce, retail fuel systems, fleet cards, and/or payments and processing is a huge plus!
- Experience working across multiple cultures, countries, and complex corporations
- International or global/virtual project experience
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies
- Strong understanding of common standards (ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience developing relationships with teammates, external customers, and internal leaders.
- A self-motivated and charismatic leader and peer.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.