BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Dev/Sec OPS (CBP) - Mid
- Job Title
- Dev/Sec OPS (CBP) - Mid
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Sec/DevOps Engineer (Mid) candidate will gather requirements, design, code, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions.
Team member will apply secure development/coding to include; but not limited to, cloud technology, internet servers, application whitelisting, virtualized containers, web-enabled database applications, network security, security engineering, data integrity, intrusion detection, firewall management, forensic and legal information security, virtual private networks, public key/infrastructure/digital signatures, encryption, network security architecture and Customer Policy.
- Champion security by injecting security concerns into the existing development workflow; build security thinking into every stage of software development.
- Coordinate with teams across the enterprise on the migration of existing IT services to the cloud; identify security technical requirements, potential problems and issues, and participate on agile software development teams.
- Support SOC capabilities by customizing tools and automating processes for SOC and IR analysts
- Apply coding and testing standards, security testing tools (including ‘fuzzing’ static-analysis code scanning tools), Identify common coding flaws, threat modeling, and conducts code reviews.
- Perform or support penetration testing as required for new or updated applications.
- Recognize security implications in the software/code acceptance phase, including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing.
- Network and system design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, designs and implement systems security and data assurance.
- Plan, code, build, test, release, deploy and monitor when writing software to automate Customer's SOC security tasks
- Required Skills
• Education/Min Years Experience:
BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 7+ years of prior relevant software engineering or devops experience.
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies
•Technical skill and experience with Cloud Service (AWS,Azure, etc), continuous delivery systems and enhancing SOC operations through automation.
• Experience with performing integrated quality assurance testing for security functionality and resiliency to attacks.
• Experience with secure programming and identify potential flaws in codes to mitigate vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge of Source Code Management concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work with customers/stakeholders, developers, testers, project managers, support staff
• Experience leading and mentoring junior members.
• Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
• Advanced working knowledge of the following:
encryption algorithms, secure communications, network and data communication protocols.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
• Solid Programming skills in the following programing and markup languages:
One or more of the following:
CEH, CISSP, CSSLP, GPEN, OSCP,
AWS Solutions Architect, RHSA, GXPN, GWAPT
- Optional Skills
• AWS Solutions Architect, DevOps Certs, RHCE
• Orchestration of Cloud Infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering