BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Security Engineer - Jr.
- Job Title
- Security Engineer - Jr.
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Cyber Security Engineer (Jr) candidate will assist to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite. Team member will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and infrastructure supporting SEIM (Splunk). The candidate will be responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation. In addition, team member will develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 1+ years of prior relevant engineering experience supporting SOC or NOC environments.
Knowledge and experience engineering the following technologies:
• VPN Solutions
• Web Application Firewalls
• Content Filtering
Advanced working knowledge of the following:
• Encryption algorithms
• Secure communications
• SIEM technologies
• Embedded systems security
• Network and data communication protocols
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
• Experience in network based IDS/IPS and full packet capture technologies along with affiliated modes of operation.
• Recent Network Security Architecture Development.
• Experience performing gap analysis, identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI.
• Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages: Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
• Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management and customer.
• OR one of GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCSNP, CCIE-Security, ECSP, MCSE-Security Expert.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required
- Optional Skills
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
• Redhat, Cisco or Microsoft, Security+, or Network+ certification
• Cisco Hardware and Storage
• Expertise in Networking, Linux and Windows
• Sourcefire (snort) or RSA Security Analytics (network) experience a plus