BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Makalapa, HI
- Other Location
The Systems Administrator candidate will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks to support the Modernized Integrated Database (MIDB) program to include day-to-day system administration of the MIDB servers; monitoring and maintaining the current MIDB data replication threads; supporting the installation of MIDB software upgrades; and assisting with maintaining MIDB data quality and releasability. Team member will provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
Specific Duties Include:
- Build, configure, install and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.6 servers
- Configure and maintain RHEL virtual and physical servers; installing, configuring, and monitoring the MIDB software
- Install, configure, administer, and maintain the Sybase ASE database and the Wildfly application server COTS to operate at an optimal level.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the current MIDB replication threads;
- Troubleshoot replication data flow and database server issues
- Assist MIDB sites with replication installations, upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting
- Coordinate replication upgrades with the MIDB community
- Support tests of replication scripts and definitions.
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
General Duties Include:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity, and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
This position is located in Makalapa, Hawaii.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
HS Diploma/GED with 10 years experience or,
Associates Degree with 8 years experience or,
Bachelors Degree with 6 years experience or,
Masters Degree with 4 years experience or,
PhD with 2 years experience.
• Experience as a UNIX and/or Linux System Administration of medium to large server networks
• Experience with installing application software in an operational environment
• Experience working in a team environment as well as independently
• Possess the ability to work and communicate with the customer and technical staff at remote sites.
• Red Hat Enterprise
• RHEL Virtual/ Physical Servers
• Security + Certified
Active US Government Security Clearance Required
- Optional Skills
• Experience with MIDB and the MIDB system architecture
• Experience with installing and administering Sybase ASE database
• Experience with Sybase Replication Server
• Wildfly Application Server Administration
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strive in team environments.