Teacher for the Visually Impaired / TVI Job- Holyoke/Springfield, MA Full/Part-Time
- Job Title
- Teacher for the Visually Impaired / TVI Job- Holyoke/Springfield, MA Full/Part-Time
- Job ID
- Holyoke/Springfield, MA
- Other Location
Futures Education is currently seeking a Vision Specialist / Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments to work Full or Part time split between two schools.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree with a major in Vision Resources.
Appropriate license or certification as a Vision Resource Teacher
Experience with visually impaired Special Needs students preferred.
- Conduct screenings and assessments as a part of the Chapter 766 evaluation process.
- Itinerant therapeutic intervention for visually impaired Special Needs students, preschool through high school.
- Conduct in-service training for Regular and Special Education staff.
- Attend evaluation meetings as an active participant. If applicable, generate specific objectives for Individual Educational Plans.
- Conduct periodic meetings with parents to foster a better understanding of Vision Resource Services.
- Provide vision resource services and orientation and mobility training to visually impaired children who have I.E.P.'s.
- Perform other appropriate duties at the direction of the Director of Special Needs.
Futures Education is a unique organization that provides management and clinical staff to schools located in several locations throughout the United States. First and foremost, we are hands-on practitioners and educators, committed to best practices, research, and data-driven decision making that provides authenticity to our work and allows us to provide unparalleled service to our client partners.
Futures Education is therapist owned and operated, and our mission is to build better lives. Each day offers a chance for us to improve someone’s life. Do you want to help make a difference?
To apply for this Vision Specialist position in Holyoke/Springfield, MA please contact Sean Kelly, (413) 306-4193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Skills
MA Teaching license
- Optional Skills