Patient Flow Coordinator, PRN
- Job Title
- Patient Flow Coordinator, PRN
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We are hiring for a Patient Flow Coordinator, on a PRN basis, at our main campus in Valdosta, for SGMC!
The ED Registered Nurse job in this unit will provide care to: A diverse population. This unit will provide specialized nursing care, 4:1 or 3:1 patient ratios, excellent customer service, emergent care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
- Ensures the delivery of quality patient care, provides leadership for the Emergency Department, Cardiology Services, MSICU, Med/Surg CICU and CPU along with other ancillary departments to promote excellence in cardiac patient care.
- Responsible for coordination of activities related to the SGMC's Chest Pain Center, supervises and manages staff on assigned shifts.
- The coordinator works closely with the Chest Pain Center Medical Director, EMS, Emergency Department, Critical Care Nursing, Med/Surg, and Patient Quality Services, in the planning, development, and implementation of program goals and operations.
- Maintains an atmosphere which ensures South Georgia Medical Center's mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies and standards are consistently met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education, licensure and certification:
- CURRENT RN LICENSE IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or related area strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in nursing, including:
- Relevant clinical experience required.
- Two years' experience caring for patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Experience/knowledge in the areas of project management, process improvement and Chest Pain Center accreditation and/or regulatory compliance.
- Leadership, supervision, and/or management experience preferred.
- Strong clinical skills in assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
- Maintains a minimum of 1 hours CNE annually in ACS or chest pain education.
- Member of Chest Pain Society or a society focused on the diagnosis and treatment of ACS
- Ability to lead and develop others individually and as a team, and to be an effective team member.
- Current CPR certification. Certification (e.g., CEN, CCRN) or credential (e.g., ACLS, PALS, TNCC) in clinical area in specialty recommended within two (2) years of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, problem solve and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated skill in verbal, non-verbal and behavioral communication.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of patient care, leadership, and management principles.
- Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer and telecommunications devices.
If you want to work on a highly regarded team, while improving your skill set, and work with the latest technology, please apply! You may also contact our recruiter, Kara, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Required Skills