- Job Title
- F/A-18 Pilot/NFO
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63146
- Other Location
SSE is a leading technology company serving St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL for over 30 years. We are a leading provider of aviation courseware development, virtual training development, and training for military and commercial aircraft. We are seeking former F/A-18 Pilots/NFOs to join our team in St. Louis, MO.
The F/A-18 Pilot / NFO - Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be part of an FA-18 Super Hornet Curriculum Courseware Development Program. The FA-18 Pilot/NFO will serve as a team member to develop courseware for our FA-18 program. Subject Matter Experts work as an integral and collaborative team member, along with other Subject Matter Experts, Technical Writers, Graphic Artists, Programmers and Instructional Designers, drawing on their intrinsic experience with the aircraft to build high engagement, modern computer based training and courseware.
- Advise courseware developer (instructional designer) on FA-18 Pilot and Aircrew and aircraft systems.
- Produce and verify design documents, scenarios, guided demonstrations, graphics requests, and instructor materials
- Review and ensure quality, technical correctness and instructional soundness of draft/final interactive multimedia lessons Work independently under minimal supervision
- Participate in all phases (Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment) Understand and articulate project scope and vision – client alignment
- Understand adult learning principles, graphic design and layout principles
- Experience as Pilot or Aircrew for F/A-18 aircraft
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment with project manager, other courseware developers, multimedia developer, graphics artist, and technical editors
- DOD Secret Clearance or ability to secure clearance during interim required
- “This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.” US Citizen required
- 40 hour work week
- 401k company match
- medical/vision/dental plans
- 12 paid holidays, 13 PTO days a year