The Right Jobs for the Right-Brained.
Communications Specialist, Healthcare, Full-Time
- Job Title
- Communications Specialist, Healthcare, Full-Time
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Communications Specialist, Job, Healthcare, Full-Time, Jacksonville, FL
We're hiring for a Communications Specialist for the healthcare industry as a full-time job in Jacksonville, FL.
Our client, a premier health center with more than 5,000 faculty and staff, is seeking a Communications Specialist to join their team! We are seeking someone with 2-5 years of communications experience to be responsible for the development and execution of internal communication plans that support the goals and objectives of the organization. Further, you will serve as editor of the employee newsletter and contribute to editorial content. You will also support the creation and production of printed materials for internal, as well as external, communications programs, projects, and special events.
Communications Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Advises and counsels to appropriate hospital personnel regarding communication strategies
- Serves as editor of the monthly employee newsletter
- Contributes editorial content and/or supports the creation and production of printed materials for internal, as well as external, communications programs, projects, and special events in coordination with communications and marketing director and communications manager
- Serves as a liaison with internal clients (departments) to help promote various initiatives and activities
- Develops and supports initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction and improve customer service
- At the direction of the director and manager, plans execute and supports special events and offer communication and marketing assistance at fairs, screenings, and other community activities
- Ensures schedules are met products, support organizational goals and standards, and volunteers are appropriately assigned
- Responds to media inquiries and serves as an on-call source for media and assists director and media relations manager with crisis communications
Communications Specialist Job Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of healthcare communications experience
- Experience with AP style of writing
- Some design experience a plus
- Crisis communication experience a plus
If you meet the above requirements, we invite you to apply directly to this posting to be immediately considered!
Please note that this Position Profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice by the hiring manager.