Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Operations Infrastructure Lead
- Job Title
- Operations Infrastructure Lead
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Job Description: Operations Infrastructure Lead
The Operations Infrastructure Lead is responsible for assisting the Senior Director of IT and Security with P97's overall technology framework and also for providing technical leadership in cloud computing, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. Additionally, the Operations Infrastructure Lead will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery. An Azure Administration certification is a firm requirement to qualify for this role.
The Operations Infrastructure Lead is still a technical hands-on position and candidates need to have at least 10+ years of experience in designing large and complex IT operations in an Enterprise Environment. This position requires leadership and team-building skills and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals. Prior development experience is helpful to this role along with solid (current) IaaS experience. PaaS and SaaS knowledge are also nice to have. The Operations Infrastructure Lead is heavily involved and still hands-on with cybersecurity and will make sure the entire P97 solution and platform are completely secure and cost-effective.
- Provide support to P97’s Cloud’s virtualized infrastructure, which could include Windows Server and Linux virtual machines, remote access applications, and load balancing configurations
- Support access, application installation, experience, and performance needs in a fast-paced, highly-available, cutting-edge technology environment
- Manage Windows Server 2016 Active Directory domains, including planning, configuring, optimizing, and maintaining
- Must have experience configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting complex group policy objects
- Operate as a world-class customer support agent to facilitate a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Participate in team-building exercises and develop strong relationships with team members
- Experience with and willing to do basic desktop support for end-users
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Flow, and SharePoint
- MUST have Azure Administration Certification (AZ-103) with AZ-500 and AZ-203 strongly preferred as well
- Seek ways to contribute to continuous improvement during downtime either through working projects or personal training on new topics
- Help mentor new team members and/or interns as requested
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Tackle complex issues and learn to provision and troubleshoot access to new technologies
- Install, support, and troubleshoot server and workstation operating systems including Windows Server 2016, Windows Desktop, Linux, and Mac OS X
- Support and maintain enterprise-scale server environments; analyze and resolve problems associated with server hardware and software
- Occasionally, provide Tier 2-3 technical support as a member of the Network Operations Center team
- Previous application support experience within WANs and LANs
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers
- Ability to provide direction, communicate, and provide strong leadership to network vendors who provide products and services
- Demonstrate capability managing simultaneous projects, crisis situations, and successfully meeting deadlines
- Maintain and develop tools, templates, documentation, and systems to support a high-availability production cloud environment
- Respond to service incidents to resolve network, operating system, and application errors in a timely manner
- Create various administrative reports to ensure accurate and timely record-keeping
- Follow defined processes and procedures for data center and cloud computing activities, including onboarding new customers, scheduling production maintenance, and supporting cloud customers
- Adhere to configuration and change management procedures, including changes, upgrades, patches, etc. that correspond with change control methodologies, using ITIL standards
- Update systems and application software as required to maintain current patches and fixes
- Maintain continuous, open, and consistent professional communication with customers, peers, and management while employing active listening skills to confirm understanding
- Continue to acquire and apply new knowledge and learning
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field, preferably Computer Engineering, MIS, CIS, or Computer Science
- Experience with Office 365 support
- 3+ years of technical expertise in systems installation, configuration, maintenance, and support
- 3+ years’ experience supporting customer environments within a public or private cloud
- Demonstrate strong experience in at least one of the following areas: Windows Server System Administration, Virtualization Administration, SQL Administration
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud architecture - MUST have Azure Administration Certification (AZ-103) with AZ-500 and AZ-203 strongly preferred as well
- Demonstrated understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts and requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with VMWare ESX or Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor
- ITIL Foundation certified (preferred)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certified (preferred)
- Some experience with basic MS SQL database administration tasks such as account creation, back-ups, and restores
- Prior experience with Active Directory administration
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Director of IT and Security
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.