Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Azure Technical Lead
- Job Title
- Azure Technical Lead
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
The Azure Infrastructure Lead is responsible for leading the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in cloud computing, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. Additionally, the Azure Infrastructure Lead will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery.
The Azure Infrastructure Lead should have a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 10+ years of experience in designing large and complex IT operations in large organizations. This position requires strong leadership and team-building skills and must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing individuals. Prior exposure to development environments or development experience is essential to this role combined with PaaS, and/or IaaS and SaaS knowledge.
The Azure Infrastructure Lead is also involved with cybersecurity activities and will make sure the entire solution and platform are completely secure and cost-effective. In addition, this position will also be responsible for interaction with our end clients as necessary, heavy analysis, design, and implementation of technical solutions.
- Key contributor in developing the roadmap
- Heavily involved in requirements gathering, designs, and tech QA reviews
- Reviews cloud release notes and work with other leads to assess technical impacts and determines solutions.
- Perform impact assessments for cloud upgrades
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability).
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud infrastructure end-to-end architecture.
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the client application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the "why,” and articulate several options, the pros, and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on the latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including PaaS, and other cloud services.
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Serves as a team liaison with heavy communication between management and the development teams.
- Architect Azure Cloud services using Identity, Storage, Compute, Automation, Disaster Recovery, and Networking features.
- Solid understanding of On-Premise and Cloud Directory Services Architecture
- Enable Cloud Service Relationship with Federation in Azure
- Develop Azure apps using Visual Studio, using vaults and keys
- Enable external access with load balancers and public IP’s and Azure Traffic Manager
- 10 or more years of IT experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Azure or AWS
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Azure Active Directory
- Minimum 5 years of experience with virtual machines
- Minimum 3 years of experience with microservices
- 5 years of experience with PaaS (and knowledge of PaaS and IaaS)
- 5 years of experience with virtual networks and security
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with blob storage
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related subject.
- Relevant Industry certifications in Microsoft technologies (Azure specifically)
- Microsoft Azure-based Cloud Architecture, migration skills, and experience.
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions, and data center infrastructures.
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate, and capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud-based architectures.
- Cloud Security Models & Industry Best Practices
Key Success Factors
- Cloud Architecture and Implementations experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud – integrations, reporting, and data model
- Finance, Operations/Supply Chain and HCM system architecture knowledge
- Microsoft Cloud Security knowledge
- Ability to manage work time to ensure the accomplishment of specific goals.
- Strong experience in working across multiple cultures, countries, and working with complex large corporations
- International or global/virtual project or program management experience
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the best possible solutions for clients.
- Strong understanding of common standards (ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Extensive experience developing relationships with customers and internal leaders.
- Self-motivated and charismatic leader and peer
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Director of IT and Security
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.