BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Administrator (Linux) - Sr.
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator (Linux) - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Systems Administrator candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Execute efforts supporting incremental software deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring / builds of the current infrastructure as new baselines are delivered.
- GOTs/COTs SW installs, monitor system health, remedying problems, Security Hardening, perform updates and patching.
- Can be expected to work individually, participate actively on integrated teams, and lead multiple tasks, projects and/or teams.
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, take steps to resolve issues.
- Expected to perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- May direct multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
This position has openings in Washington, DC or Reston, VA.
- Required Skills
• Education/Min Years Experience:
HS Diploma/GED with 12 years of experience or,
Associates with 10 years of experience or,
Bachelors with 8 years of experience or,
Masters with 6 years of experience or,
PhD with 4 years of experience.
• Background in Linux administration, particularly RedHat
• Current Security+ CE Certification or ability to obtain Security+ CE before starting
• Experience performing system backups, maintaining archives, and data recovery.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Working knowledge of scripting languages (sh, bash, perl)
• Experience with VMWare vSphere
• Experience with VMWare storage technologies (e.g., VMDK, vSAN)
• Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator
• Experience with Splunk
• Experience administering Oracle RDBMS and PostgreSQL
• Experience administering in AWS environment