Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Senior Android Developer
- Job Title
- Senior Android Developer
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Job Description Senior Android Developer
Senior Android Developers are responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at Android mobile devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers who specialize on different layers of the infrastructure.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential. We are looking for passionate and talented Senior Android Developers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume and easy-to-use applications. You will have the opportunity to make a large impact on the design and implementation of leading-edge products.
- Maintain code quality of existing Android application
- Building adaptive, responsive, stable user interfaces for new features
- Work with evolving Web APIs
- Work with Quality Assurance to resolve issues with applications
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and implement new technologies to increase efficiency
- Develop automated unit tests for robustness
- 4+ years of experience and an understanding of the application life cycle concept and basic UI/UX design guidelines
- 4+ years of experience using Android Studio IDE and Tools
- 4+ year of experience with or basic knowledge of architectural and design patterns
- Understanding and knowledge of client/server architectures and web services integration (REST, JSON)
- Knowledge or some experience with threading and performance tuning
- Understanding of version control tools such as Git
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience publishing an Android app to Google Play store
- Experience building and maintaining SDKs for 3rd party integrations
- Have built and maintained white label app for 3rd party companies
- Experience with Android Material Design
- Experience with Automated Unit Test (preferred)
- Experience using Gradle (preferred)
- Experience or familiarity with Security Encryption (preferred)
- Experience integrating Masterpass (preferred)
- Experience integrating Android Pay (preferred)
- Experience integrating Visa Checkout (preferred)
- Experience integrating other Payment Wallets (preferred)
- Possess strong interpersonal and English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Maintain a desire to learn from industry leading experts in the areas of cloud development, integrations, and user interfaces
- Ability to innovate and challenge existing tools and processes as well as suggest change to ensure continuous improvement of our capabilities
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.