Flex Care RN Full-Time Nights
- Job Title
- Flex Care RN Full-Time Nights
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Flex Care unit to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time RN job will be a night shift position.
The Registered Nurse job in the Flex Care unit consists of seasoned Registered Nurses and Nursing Support staff who work on any unit in need of staff. The RN in this department must be willing and comfortable floating to multiple areas in the hospital. The registered nurse will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to improve patient outcomes. Also, the registered nurse will serve as a role model by actively participating in the process of continuous professional development, teaching and learning across the healthcare continuum. Within this position the RN will provide specialized nursing care excellent customer service, critical care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Flex Care Nurse Job Requirements:
- Active Georgia License
- At least 1-year of acute care experience required
- Flex care experience a plus
Flex Care Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs
- Provide education to patients and their families about the recovery process.
- Sets priorities appropriately for care of patients
- Organizes workload to complete work assignments within scheduled shift and times
- Working to collaborate with others to assertively move patient along the continuum of care
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
To be immediately considered for the Flex Care RN job, or for further questions contact nurse recruiter Bridget Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Required Skills
• Current RN License in State of Georgia
• CPR required
• One (1) year experience in related specialty area preferred.