Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Solutions Architect
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
- Atlanta, GA 30328
Job Description: Solutions Architect
P97 is currently hiring an experienced multi-disciplined Solutions Architect with deep technical subject matter expertise in Enterprise Application Development and Cloud-Native Development to deliver technical leadership on mobile and IoT payment solutions to our clients. We also, place a strong focus on finding a Solution Architect that can communicate high-tech solutions to technical and non-technical audiences collaboratively.
- Perform hands-on solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concept builds, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects.
- Ensure solutions are scalable and meet overall business requirements.
- Actively work with teams in solution design and implementation.
- Guide technical team to deliver a flexible and scalable solution.
- Mentor and supervise developers.
- Participate in customer-facing pre-sales activities and internal initiatives as required.
- Create and/or contribute to technical and functional documentation such as detailed architectural and system design documents.
- Participate in project/sprint planning, status, and review meetings.
- Participate in peer reviews and evaluate designs and project activities for compliance with applications design, development guidelines, and standards.
- Identify problem areas and identify causes of problems and suggest actions for solving them.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies and methodologies into projects.
- Worked with Product Management, Professional Services, Development, and 3rd party vendors/partners to design retail solutions, identify application gaps, estimate scope, and prepare statements of work.
- Educated clients on new payment and security trends through the creation of technical articles, case studies, Lunch-n-Learns, and trade show presentations in addition to providing extensive technical training for staff as necessary.
- Ability to lead technical solutions
- Extensive knowledge in testing best practices; understand the need for continuous process, and service improvements using best practices
- A proven track record of exceeding goals by collaborating, influencing, and working cross-functionally through others creating trusted relationships
- A persuasive and charismatic communicator with the ability to synthesize and deliver complex information to all involved stakeholders.
- Previous experience with the following is preferred:
- New Market Development
- Enterprise Architecture
- Payments Security
- Pre-Sale Technical Support
- Product Demonstrations
- Implementation Specifications
- Solutions Design
- Relationship Management
- ROI Estimates
- Cloud Native Development
- Enterprise Application Development
- Cloud: Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Containers: Dockers and Kubernetes
- Data Analytics
- Network Design
- Application Design
- Data Analytics
- Threat Modeling
- Cross Functional Teams
- Ecommerce / Retail /Mobile Payment Technology/ IoT payment solutions/technology
- Design Specifications
- Best Practice Guidance
- Security Architecture
- Business Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related degree (preferably Computer Science/Computer Engineering)
- Minimum 7 years of development experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a team member of successful software project implementations
- Recognized as a Cloud Native Development Subject Matter Expert
- Experience as an Enterprise Application Architect
- Experience with common debugging tools
- Advanced certifications by the software vendor(s) – (Azure Solution Architect preferred)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills to all levels of an organization
- Experience in hands-on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment that is based on on-shore and off-shore
- Driven to meet aggressive milestones
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, corporate catered lunches twice a week, and a stocked kitchen for all employees to use along with amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
This is a full-time position in Houston, Texas, or Atlanta, Georgia, with the expectation that this role will work from a P97 office 5-days a week. No remote work option is available for this position.
We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls, please.
Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond.
Applicants for employment in the USA must have work authorization that does not now, or in the future, require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with P97 Networks, Inc. (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud-based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smartphone, or voice-enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omnichannel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas (preferred) or Atlanta, Georgia (with 25% travel expected)
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.