BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Dev/Sec OPS - Jr.
- Job Title
- Dev/Sec OPS - Jr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Dev/Sec Ops Engineer will gather requirements, design, code, integrate and implement secure solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. Team member will prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to Customer information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The candidate will champion security by injecting security concerns into the existing development workflow and build security thinking into every stage of software development. Engineer will also coordinate with teams across the enterprise on the migration of existing IT services to the cloud; identify security technical requirements, potential problems and issues, and participate on agile software development teams.
Team member will develop security-focused code that includes, but is not limited to:
- Cloud technology - internet servers
- Application whitelisting
- Virtualized containers
- Web-enabled database applications
- Network security
- Security engineering
- Data integrity
- Intrusion detection
- Firewall management
- Forensic and legal information security
- Virtual private networks
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) / Digital Signatures
- Network Security Architecture
- Required Skills
• BS Degree in STEM
The candidate should possess solid programming skills in the following programming and markup languages:
• Visual Basic
• Must possess the technical skills and experiences with Cloud Service (AWS, Azure, etc.), continuous delivery systems, and the ability to enhance SOC operations through automation.
• Experience performing integrated quality assurance testing for security functionality and resiliency to attacks
• Security-oriented programming, identifying potential flaws in codes to mitigate vulnerabilities.
• Applying coding and testing standards, security testing tools (including ‘fuzzing’ static-analysis code scanning tools), Identify common coding flaws, threat modeling, and conducts code reviews.
• Performing or supporting penetration testing as required for new or updated applications.
• Recognizing security implications in the software/code acceptance phase, including completion criteria, risk acceptance and documentation, common criteria, and methods of independent testing.
• Participating in network and system design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies, designs and implement systems security and data assurance.
• Applying “plan, code, build, test, release, deploy, and monitor” process when writing software to automate Customer security tasks
• Source Code Management concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work with customers/stakeholders, developers, testers, project managers, support staff
• Experience acquiring in-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
• Working knowledge of encryption algorithms, secure communications, and network/data communication protocols.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
Must Have One of the Following Certifications:
• CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
• CompTIA Security+
• GCIH – Incident Handler
• GCWN – Windows Security Administrator
• GISF – Security Fundamentals
• GSSP – Secure Software Programmer
• GICSP –Cyber Security Professional
• GSSP – Secure Software Programmer
• SEI (Software Engineering Institute)
• CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
• CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security
• CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
• SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
• CCNP Security
• CCIE Security
• CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
• ENSA – EC-Council Network Security Administrator
• ECSP – EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer
• MCSE – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Server)
• VCA (Certified Associate)
• VCP (Certified Professional)
• VCAP (Certified Advanced Professional)
• VCIX (Implementation Expert)
• VCDX (Certified Design Expert)
• Converged Infrastructure Specialist
• Certified Implementation Engineer Specialist
• Certified Data Administrator Professional
• Certified Storage Associate
• Certified Splunk Architect
• Must have or be able to favorably pass a 5 year (BI) Background Investigation.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• AWS Solutions Architect, DevOps Certs, RHCE
• Orchestration of Cloud infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
• Advance Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering