BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Pasadena, CA 91109
- Other Location
The Systems Engineer candidate will be responsible for the development of program-level products and participation in program-level engineering trades. Tasks will be focused on performing classical systems engineering functions, such as verification and validation, test planning, systems engineering analyses, risk assessments, operations planning, as well as other technical disciplines. The candidate will interact with other teams to develop and apply systems engineering policies, practices, requirements, plans and schedules. Work will be done across a spectrum of disciplines on tasks with government and non-government agencies. Team member will report administratively to the Technical Group Supervisor and report programmatically to the Program System Engineer.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience
• Master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience
• PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: systems engineering, aerospace engineering, project systems engineering, and electrical engineering.
• Extensive understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts, and techniques used in system engineering.
• Extensive knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to system engineering discipline, space mission operations, and non-NASA missions.
• Significant knowledge and experience in operations, integration and test, and the function of spacecraft subsystems and instruments.
• Proven ability to lead the activities of, and to synthesize the unique discipline knowledge of, a broad range of technical subject matter experts.
• Demonstrated experience leading a team of engineers in the development, test, and/or operation of a complex spacecraft, flight system, project system or instrument payload.
• Demonstrated experience in verification and validation of flight systems or project systems. System I&T experience with flight systems during Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations.
• Must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment. •Requires occasional availability for domestic travel.
• Requires excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
•Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Thorough understanding of systems engineering methods and applications.
• Ability to work on major project assignments without appreciable direction, with accountability for technical performance, budget and schedule.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
• Proven ability to interact effectively across multiple disciplines with government and non-government agencies.
• Experience leading tasks and coordinating working groups on large-scale projects in system development, test, and/or operations.