Registered Nurse/RN - Med/Surg ICU, Full Time Nights
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN - Med/Surg ICU, Full Time Nights
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
Med/Surg ICU Registered Nurse job
We’re hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) in our Med/Surg ICU to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time RN job will be night shifts.
The Med/Surg ICU RN job in this unit will provide care to: A diverse population. This unit will provide specialized nursing care, excellent customer service, emergent care nursing by motivated, competent, and professional nursing staff.
Med/Surg ICU Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates delegates and provides professional care to patients assigned to a specific Patient Care Unit, in accordance with prescribed, delegated medical regimen and medical center policies.
- Provides patient care based on the nursing process considering the physical and developmental age of the patient in compliance with the organizational P/P and Georgia State Board of Nursing regulations.
- Provides direction and supervision to the LPN, NA, and unit clerical staff to insure safe and efficient patient care by coordination of the patient care team.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age of patients served.
Med/Surg ICU Registered Nurse Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, with current license to practice as an RN in Georgia.
- Preferred: At least one year of experience in an acute care setting.
- Required to attain BCLS certification within 3 months of hire; recertification required annually.
- CPR required
- Proficient in keyboard operations and basic computer applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for a diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
- Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is located in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
SGMC is a member of:
- The American Hospital Association
- The Georgia Hospital Association
- The Southwest Georgia Hospital District
- Vizient MidSouth
- Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals
If you want to work on a highly-regarded team, improve your skills, and work with the most advanced technology, apply today! You may also contact our recruiter at Kara.Gist@sgmc.org.
- Required Skills