The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Special Education Manager Job, School-Based, Full Time, Oakland, CA 94608
- Job Title
- Special Education Manager Job, School-Based, Full Time, Oakland, CA 94608
- Job ID
- Oakland, CA 94608
- Other Location
Special Education Manager School-Based, Full Time, Oakland CA 94608
As a Special Education Manager for Futures Education, you will be responsible for providing leadership and supervision of all special education programs and related services. Duties will include collaborating with the administrators in administering, planning, budgeting and coordinating all activities and programs pertaining to special education. You will not have your own caseload and will work directly with the SPED's, providing oversight and assistance with IEP's, documenting and more.
Special Education Manager Requirements:
- Master’s in Special Education or related field
- Five or more years of experience working in a special education environment
- Five or more years of special education teaching experience
- Experience supervising the administration of special education programs
- Evidence of leadership in the delivery of professional development in special education
- California Special Educators License
- Fingerprint Clearance
- Bilingual preferred
- Valid Administrative Certification preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with special education laws and section 504
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for design, delivery, and evaluation of special education programs that increase student growth and accomplishment of IEP goals
- Responsible for the evaluation of assigned staff and the oversight of all special education staff
- Responsible for aligning all special education programs and interventions with Academic Standards, best practices, and current textbook adoptions
- Works collaboratively with the Administrator for Curriculum and Accountability and the Administrator for Professional Development and Instruction to develop annual and multi-year calendars for professional development opportunities for special education staff and all instructional staff.
- Works with the administrative team to assure that all stakeholders are informed regarding special education programs
- Develops the plan for utilizing instructional and adaptive technology in the support of special education programs
- Conducts an annual program analysis and report on special education programs offered. The purpose of the report is to identify areas in which activities can be improved to better meet the needs of students.
- Works productively as a team member with the Leadership Team, District Planning Team and teaching staff, classified staff and site-based teams.
- Works with the Administrator for Curriculum and Accountability in coordinating the purchase and timely arrival in the classrooms of all supplementary instructional materials required for special education teachers that support district adoptions.
- Responsible for establishing and updating the list of standardized materials in each special education class in the district. Works with the administration to assure that special education teachers have the standardized materials they need to teach students.
- Responsible for supporting the Administrator in keeping the district in compliance with all state and federal special education and student health laws as well as district policies.
- Works in coordination with Human Resources to recruit and retain “highly qualified” special education staff members.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Futures Education is a unique organization that provides management and clinical staff to schools located in several locations throughout the United States. First and foremost, we are hands-on practitioners and educators, committed to best practices, research, and data-driven decision making that provides authenticity to our work and allows us to provide unparalleled service to our client partners.
If you are interested in becoming a Special Education Director with our team, please reach out today!
- Required Skills
Master’s in Special Education or related field
Five or more years of experience working in a special education environment
Five or more years of special education teaching experience
Experience supervising the administration of special education programs
Evidence of leadership in the delivery of professional development in special education
California Special Educators License
Valid Administrative Certification preferred
Demonstrated proficiency with special education laws and section 504
- Optional Skills
- Related fieldwork experience preferred