Production Manager, Manufacturing
- Job Title
- Production Manager, Manufacturing
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Bainbridge, GA 39817
- Other Location
A growing manufacturing organization in Bainbridge, GA is seeking an experienced, forward-thinking Production Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven manufacturing leader to implement best-in-class manufacturing processes with an organization driven to double its production quickly. This is a pivotal role that will function as a hands-on, visible leader and have a large impact on the success of the company's growth. Lean Manufacturing experience is highly desirable for this crucial role.
- Oversee and coordinate entire operations process utilizing best-in-class manufacturing experience to impact positive results in quality, productivity, cost containment, safety and morale.
- Facilitate an environment of “continuous improvement” through setting high quality standards, identifying risks, implementing best practices, and holding employees accountable for following procedures.
- Standardize processes; create SOP's, and implement Lean Manufacturing initiatives to reduce waste and increase productivity of manufacturing operations.
- Implement a training program to standardize practices and assure operators have the capability to perform in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develop labor cost reduction system to meet productivity standards and maximize efficiency.
- Work with cross-functional team to streamline computer and paper handling shipping system and manage on-time delivery system.
- Establish/monitor record keeping system to track cost of loads shipped. Establish and work within budget.
- Provide direction to employees of the department; responsible for performance management and hiring.
- Keep abreast of shipping systems/technology to assure quality of shipped product as well as efficient customer service.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Flexibility is required. Minimal travel is required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in Manufacturing Operations, shipping operations, and scheduling required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing processes, highly preferred.
- Required Skills
Operations, production manager, lean manufacturing, leadership, plastics, KPI's, production planning, budgets
- Pay Range
- $80,000.00 Annually to $100,000.00 Annually