RN Registered Nurse Hospice Case Manager
- Job Title
- RN Registered Nurse Hospice Case Manager
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA 31602
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) to work full-time in Valdosta, Georgia. This full-time RN job will be a full time day position 8AM-4:30PM with rotating call shifts.
The Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates potential options and services to meet an individual's health needs through communication and utilization of available resources to promote quality and cost-effective outcomes.
Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) Job Requirements:
- RN or other applicable clinical licensure required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or certification in Case Management strongly preferred. Previous experience desired.
- Recent sound clinical experience of 3-5 years.
- Must have extensive experience in a particular patient population or moderate experience in a broad population.
Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) Job Responsibilities:
- Document competency in assigned patient population including age specific competency.
- Demonstrate expertise in management, problem solving, critical thinking, and data management.
- Hands on Clinical care for Acute level patients.
- Knowledge of medical literature, research methodology, health care delivery systems, financial/reimbursement issues, utilization management, and the medical center/medical staff organizations.
- Computer skills desirable (must be willing to learn spreadsheet analysis, statistical functions, word processing).
- Ability to understand larger scope of hospital-wide information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence decisions, gain cooperation, and facilitate change with physicians, all levels of management, employees and supervisors of other hospital departments.
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to being the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
To be immediately considered for the Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN) job in the Hospice Unit, or for further questions contact nurse recruiter Jaymee Hindawi at Jaymee.Hindawi@SGMC.org
- Required Skills
Currently licensed as an RN in the State of Georgia
Current CPR certification with American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers
Minimum two years varied work experience as a RN. Prefer one of the two years in home health or hospice setting.
Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings required
Demonstrated skill in nursing practice, ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles required
Must be able to apprise and be sympathetic to the specific fears and anxieties of the terminally ill
Interpersonal relationships include patients, families, SGMC employees, medical community, physicians and their office staff, Hospice employees and general public, including the geriatric community
Must have current Georgia drivers license
Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, handle pressure and delicate situations
Demonstrated ability to respond well to supervision and to work independently when required
- Optional Skills
2 years experience med/surg preferred
Enjoys working with a team
Comfortable working autonomously