BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Systems Administrator II
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator II
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The System Administrator candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related Customer infrastructure. Team member will ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain responsibility for managing the functionality and efficiency of virtual enterprise workstations and virtual host platforms.
- Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies, security needs, and user functional requirements.
- Work on duties that include designing new VDI and desktop solutions, installing new software, troubleshooting, performing VDI and applications migrations, and training users, as needed.
- Program in an administrative language, including Powershell and VMWare CLI, as needed.
- Interact with the engineering management team and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
HS/GED with 8 years experience,
Associates with 6 years experience,
Bachelors with 4 years experience,
Masters with 2 years experience,
PhD with 0 years experience
• Experience with designing, deploying, managing, and configuring virtual and physical workstation environments using Windows 7 and 10 with Microsoft SCCM
• Experience with VMWare virtualization solutions using ESX 5.5 and newer
• Experience with enterprise desktop deployments and management, including application package development and enterprise system refreshes
• Experience with enterprise Citrix solutions for desktop and application deployments
• Knowledge of Windows Desktop, including 7and10 with Server, including 2012, 2012R2, and 2016 operating systems, VMWare virtualization solutions, and Citrix capabilities
• Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise configuration and application management solutions using Microsoft SCCM
• Experience with writing and deploying Microsoft PowerShell scripts to support the collection of data from workstations and servers, assist with the deployment of software packages, and perform remediation actions on workstation or server assets
• Experience with deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise solutions for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
• Experience with the management and operational use of systems monitoring tools, including Solarwinds, Splunk, or Microsoft SCOM
• Experience with analyzing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address current and emerging IT challenges
• Knowledge of ITIL change managements and problem management best practices
• Security +
• Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.