BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Splunk Master
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Minimum Secret Clearance. Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are also required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
- 9 years
Metronome is seeking a talented Systems Engineer SME to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Splunk Systems Engineer role provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Splunk engineer will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. This role will engage in infrastructure solution design and architecture, information assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management support. The skills outlined below will be used across the enterprise in supporting all divisions and missions and not necessarily specific to the Splunk platform but will sometimes be general infrastructure engineering or support tasks within the same mission space.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- Assist in the technical design process, and provide guidance/direction to the customer on how to best get value from Splunk products.
- Establish and maintain configuration control and provide technical support.
- Perform data ingestion and visualization for Splunk.
- On-board new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Design, develop, recommend and implement Splunk dashboards and alerts to support the ESOC Operations team.
- Perform integration activities to connect with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with stakeholders to develop requirements and deliverables.
- Manage automating Splunk deployments and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
- Extensive experience implementing, architecting and administering Splunk and Splunk Enterprise Security Suite
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
- Extensive experience with two of SQL, MySQL, or Oracle
- Experience administering Linux OS, particularly RedHat Enterprise
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Extensive experience working in AWS
- Experience developing in HTML, CSS
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills