The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
|Analytical Laboratory Technician I|
- Job Title
- Analytical Laboratory Technician I
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Winchester, KY 40391
- Other Location
As an Analytical Laboratory Technician I, you'll be involved in a variety of laboratory-based investigations within biological, chemical, and/ or analytical areas. The Analytical Laboratory Technician I will carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing the results as part of a scientific team. The Research Laboratory Technician I will provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
The Analytical Laboratory Technician I will conduct work that assists in the advancement and development of biopolymers. The work serves as an important role in the foundation stages of research and development (R&D) and in scientific analysis and investigation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare process and finished product samples; perform analytical testing using instrumental, wet chemistry procedures, and record results using computerized data systems.
- Performs daily process monitoring tests throughout the laboratory as assigned.
- Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary.
- Documents results of all testing procedures.
- Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Performs light maintenance and calibration on all laboratory equipment.
- Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer on a daily basis.
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies.
- Continually compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, cleaning equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all relevant GMP, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
- Any other tasks assigned in support of objectives and goals.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or relevant employment experience in a scientific field required.
- 1-2 years of laboratory experience preferred.
- Able to operate laboratory equipment proficiently (pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer).
- Proficient in Laboratory documentation.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in using computers with the Windows operating system including the Microsoft Office Group of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess a strong work ethic, selfless attitude, and be a self-starter.
- Be willing to assist other teammates as required to meet end goals.
- Be willing to work flexible and long hours if necessary to achieve the company’s production goals, which may include overtime or weekends with minimal notice.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a chemical and analytical laboratory setting. In the laboratory setting there will be handle non-pathogenic biological objects and chemical agents.
- Work is performed using office equipment with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office and laboratory equipment.
- Requires walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of material up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Performance of this position will require exposure to laboratory hazards which require the use of personal protective equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This organization provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- Required Skills
- Production, Biotech