Welcome to the Evolve Additive Solutions Career Portal.
Evolve is about pushing boundaries, challenging the norm and creating opportunities where they didn’t previously exist, not only for our additive manufacturing customers but also for our employees. We are dedicated to constant innovation and collaboration and we are looking for new team members that share the same passion. Check out our current open positions.
We have opportunities for imaging scientists/engineers and materials scientists/engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, applications experts and electrical engineers to help propel our technology forward.
We want you to get the most out of your employment with Evolve Additive Solutions. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit program to meet your ongoing health and welfare needs as well as help you to build a secure financial future.
Benefits Package Includes:
Generous PTO plan
10 Company Paid Holidays
FSA & HSA Account
Short and Long Term Disability
401k Plan with Company Match
Training and Development Opportunities
Employee Referral Bonus
Casual Dress Environment
Employee Assistance Program
Director of Automation and Digital Front End
- Job Title
- Director of Automation and Digital Front End
- Job ID
- Minnetonka, MN 55343
- Other Location
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Automation & Digital-Front-End will lead the concept, roadmap and implementation of the STEP Digital Front End solution.This individual will be responsible to Develop and define the companies vision for Digital Automation in AM and how the companies” STEP technology can support users and enterprises to live up to the full extent of a Digital Manufacturing production environment that leverages Evolve technology.
As the leader of our Front-End Engineering team, you will have a multi-faceted role:
- Listen to our market and customers to understand the emerging Additive Manufacturing workflow and applications.
- Embrace both standard and emerging methodologies to monitor system metrics related to system health, batch on-time delivery, and part yield while improving functionality of STEP in a manufacturing environment
- Set front-end engineering direction and strategy for internal digital platform
- Partner with external solution providers and our internal software team to architect and roadmap our Factory Integrated Manufacturing Solution.
- Partner with our back-end engineering team to optimize design of data exchange and integration
- Cultivate and grow front-end engineering talent and UX mindset across the team
- Write documented, testable software ready for integration across varying platforms
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set strategic direction for Digital-Front-End technologies in partnership with Enterprise Architecture
- Define and develop the Digital Twin of a AM production environment leveraging Evolve’s STEP technology
- Own strategic Front-End decisions (technology, development, methodology, best practices)
- Own and maintain a series of flexible frameworks and “Developer Toolkits” that are used to build multiple applications and partner integration
- Meet with senior leadership and communicate Digital-Front-End engineering decisions and structures
- Work closely with the Back-End Engineering to establish synergies and alignment in platform approach, engineering approach and integration patterns
- Work closely with the backend software team to provide design feedback and development solutions
- Provide training and career-enhancement opportunities for Front-End engineers
- Validate decisions made by Lead Front-End Engineers
- Manage resource allocation and utilization across teams; ensure effective use of approved budget across employee/contractor mix
- 5-7 years of managing technical development/engineering resources and validating/verifying their quality of work, or equivalent leadership experience
- 5+ years of UX Design and Usability experience
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Previous experience building applications and integrations, preferably in automation or manufacturing environment
- Embraced and contributed to a DevOps environment and have familiarity with build and deployment tools.
- Deep knowledge about Digital Automation technology available on the market from various vendors
- Knowledge about Digital Factory standards/requirement in regions around the globe (e.g US vs Europe vs Asia)
- Must be able to present in front of Enterprise customer audience and be able to present the Evolve Digital Automation strategy, vision and direction but also be able to dive down to technical details when needed in discussion with engineering staff
- Hands-on experience building applications and interface.
- Ability to attract, inspire and coach great talent
- Evaluated, proposed and integrated a new framework or tool in a previous job, including experiences documenting pros/cons, making suggestions and developing business cases and strategic plans
- Experience working with Middleware team to create APIs used by the Digital-Front-end code
- Experience working in a startup, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work well with others.