Lead Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Lead Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Roseland, NJ 07068
- Other Location
- 5800 Windward Pkwy., Alpharetta, GA 30005
Lead Security Engineer
Unlock Your Career Potential: Global Security Organization at ADP. Do you have a passion for going on the offensive to safeguard critical information? As ADP’s Global Security Organization (GSO), we know that our clients rely on us for human capital management solutions, but beyond that, they entrust us with one of their most valuable assets — their employee data. We are honored by this trust and are laser focused on securing data at every step in the information lifecycle, ensuring integrity, confidentiality and compliance with industry and government regulations at all times. From the cloud to the data center and across every emerging device, you’ll join a team of experts in the GSO who are always staying one step ahead in this ever-changing world of data by continually evolving our strategies and technologies to protect ADP and our clients.
As Lead Security Engineer you will join a highly skilled team providing world-class security program engineering, security consultation and security technology implementation for ADP’s Global Security Organization (GSO). This includes global deployment of technologies such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Unstructured Data Protection (UDP), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and Intrusion Detection (IDS) both on premises and across cloud providers.
The Lead Security Engineer will have a deep cross-functional understanding of both logical and physical security supported by practical application. They will be required to interact with the Converged Security Architecture Team, Project Management Team, and global IT Teams to develop and enhance the security program.
- Develop and engineer new GSO security programs and services including defining goals, metrics, roles, responsibilities, process, and technology to support the program
- Develop advanced alerting capabilities based on security intelligence, post incident findings, new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats
- Develop new alerting capabilities and coordinate ADP vulnerability assessments based on new threat intelligence
- Partner with GSO teams to identify and implement technology or process improvements that mature our security services
- Improve the operational efficiency of GSO programs and services through product integrations and automation
- Provide consulting to the business and IT to adhere with ADP’s security standards and best practices
- Establish and improve security engineering, deployment and operational processes
- Lead large complex initiatives and challenges presented to the Engineering Team
- Mentor and provide guidance for junior Team members
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in security or network architecture/engineering role including designing and deploying security solutions
- Strong analytical skills and cross functional knowledge across multiple security disciplines
- Strong knowledge and working experience with databases and data warehouse technologies and solutions
- Working experience with one or more cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- Familiar with interpreting the log output of a wide selection of network and host device classes (HIDS, NIDS, Firewalls, Proxies, Routers, Switches, WAF’s, Servers, Desktop Controls, Endpoint Protection, etc.)
- Functional experience with text and data representation and manipulation (XML, HTML, Regular Expressions, JSON, REST, SQL)
- Packet-level behavioral familiarity with most major TCP/IP application protocols ( DNS, SMTP, HTTP, BGP, LDAP, IMAP, SSH, FTP, KRB5, DHCP, CIFS)
- Strong working experience with systems automation in a major scripting language (Perl, Python, Powershell)
- Working experience with Ansible
- Working experience with AWS Lambda
- Strong experience with one or more Database Management Systems.
- Solid project/program management experience
- Creative thinker that leverages unconventional and innovative ideas to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to work independently
- BS in Information Systems or equivalent
- CISSP, GSEC or GCIA
- Any of the following are a plus: CISA, CRISC, CISM, PMP, AWS/Microsoft Cloud certifications
We’re designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you’re working for. Consistently named one of the ‘Most Admired Companies’ by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the ‘Top 50 Companies for Diversity,’ ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. “Always Designing for People” means we’re creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. ADP is proud to partner with the International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP).