Customer Care Specialist
- Job Title
- Customer Care Specialist
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals - each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready help shape tomorrow’s leaders.
Customer Care Specialist
The Customer Care Specialist serves as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone, email or in person. The specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all members and customers, both external and internal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports functions of a multi-channel contact center
- Answers incoming calls/requests; engages in problem-solving and provides solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including but not limited to email, phone and walk-in customers.
- Maintains a customer-centric environment in the customer service center area at Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center.
- Delivers fast and accurate information; creates cases and directs all issues without created solutions to the correct staff function/member using prescribed processes.
- Provides high quality customer service.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Answers inquiries by clarifying desired information, researching, locating and delivering findings.
- Maintains contact center database by entering information accurately and quickly.
- Enhances organization reputation by providing a positive customer experience for all those contacted, either in person or by phone and email.
- Ensures all requests for information or help requiring follow-up are completed in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains effective internal working relationships and supports teamwork in meeting organization goals.
- Supports administrative functions.
- Processes membership and program payments through registers.
- Ensures all paperwork received is complete with all required information and sent to data entry in a timely manner per prescribed processes.
- Reviews and updates or develops solutions to frequently asked questions.
- Develops instructions for online registration, processes and helpful tips and hints.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one year of customer service experience.
- High level of customer service experience.
- Energetic Attitude
- Sales background a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Must be able to navigate between multiple computer programs.
- Salesforce.com and google docs skills highly preferred.
- Starting at $14.00/hour
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.