Registered Nurse/RN Observation Unit (4 Medical) Full Time Days
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse/RN Observation Unit (4 Medical) Full Time Days
- Job ID
- Valdosta, GA
- Other Location
About South Georgia Medical Center
South Georgia Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical system dedicated to be the leader in improving the health, wellness and quality of life in the community. With 418 licensed beds and more than 300 affiliated physicians and 2,600 employees, SGMC, its campuses, and affiliates provide a broad range of high quality healthcare services. SGMC is in Valdosta, Georgia and serves 380,000 residents across a 15-county service area.
SGMC was established to care for the sick and injured, regardless of sex, race, creed, color, nationality, handicap or disability. As a self-supporting medical system, SGMC proudly provides care for the sick and injured with no local tax support. Because SGMC is publicly owned and operated, any earnings are reinvested back into the system's facilities and services. This also allows SGMC to fund valuable outreach and education programs that benefit local students, seniors, the uninsured and many others.
SGMC is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the highest mark of quality in the healthcare field, and has earned additional recognition at the state and national level.
SGMC is a member of:
- The American Hospital Association
- The Georgia Hospital Association
- The Southwest Georgia Hospital District
- Vizient MidSouth
- Georgia Alliance of Community Hospitals
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Provides patient care through assessment and implementation of the nursing process for all age groups cared for on the unit, an extension of the Emergency Department
- Performs and assists with procedures including but not limited to stress tests, labs, physical therapy
- Documents care provided.
- Coordinates patient's plan of care with physicians and ancillary units/other disciplines.
- Maintains an atmosphere, which ensures South Georgia Medical Center's mission, vision, values, code of conduct, goals, policies and standards are consistently supported and enforced.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Current RN License in State of Georgia
New grads welcome
BLS/ CPR required
Ability to work well autonomously and as a member of team
Demonstrated ability to assess and adapt to new situations, think critically, manage priorities and utilize problem-solving techniques.
Ability to read and interpret policies, standards, and think critically evaluating patient care issues on fast paced unit.
Strong clinical nursing skills in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation on fact paced unit.
Ability to communicate clearly with, and care for diverse population of patients/family units of all ages, a variety of cultures, and/or persons occasionally exhibiting stressed behaviors.
Ability to operate clinical equipment, computer, telecommunication devices and patient information systems
Full-Time/ Days 7a-7p (3 12hour shifts with every other weekend, no call)
If you want to work with the latest technology on a highly regarded team, APPLY NOW or contact our Observation Department recruiter Cass Wenner at Cass.Wenner@sgmc.org.
- Required Skills
• Current RN License in State of Georgia
• CPR required
• New grads welcome