- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND?
Our Jacksonville, Florida client is looking for a Software Engineer with 2 years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs. Their goal is to radically change the way we do space missions today by building everything you need for space, in space.
The software engineer is involved in every facet of developing software solutions such as tracking complex movement of parts, manufacturing payload and spacecraft assemblies, and communicating with payloads and free flying spacecraft during a mission. The Software Engineer will engage with management and other engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software. The Software Engineer is responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.
- Strong interest in field of aeronautics/astronautics – exhibit excitement about space!
- 2+ Years work experience.
- Programming language: Strong C/C++ background.
- Demonstrated use of Python.
- Experienced in real-world input/output (sensors and motors).
- Interpretive languages (Cython, Shell, Batch, etc.)
- UI experience (for front end applicants)
- Familiarity with network protocols.
- Background in computational geometry.
- Working with 3-D printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. although out of area and overnight travel maybe required.
B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- National health and dental plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Required Skills
Must have a passion for space!