Payload Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Payload Systems Engineer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Payload Systems Engineer
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND?
Our Jacksonville, Florida client is looking for a Payload Systems Engineer with 2-5+ years of experience, participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs. Their goal is to radically change the way we do space missions today by building everything you need for space, in space.
This position requires development and tracking design for minimum risk matrices to support payload development. Develop payload safety data packages and perform system safety and reliability evaluations of flight hardware. Develop flight rules and crew operational procedures prior to on-orbit use. Support preliminary and critical design reviews of ISS systems hardware. Provide engineering evaluations against design and safety requirements. Assess the system safety and fault tolerance characteristics of ISS Payloads operations. Fault tree analysis and event simulation modeling of ISS operational support plans. Real-time risk assessments of systems and operational changes and their impacts.
- NASA Safety and Mission Assurance experience
- Familiarity with the ISS Labs
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in the safety process of or more payloads to the ISS
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
- BS in engineering discipline or related field.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR click
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
- National health and dental plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
- Required Skills
Must have a passion for Space!