WORK TO BUILD HUMANITY’S FUTURE IN SPACE
- Job Title
- Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Aerospace / Mechanical Engineer
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with 3+ years of experience participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing all aspects of mechanical components and has a significant impact on product innovation, cost, schedule, and features.
- 3+ years of hands-on manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, and/or testing experience (internship experience can supplement for the required industry experience)
- Demonstrated software knowledge in Autodesk Inventor/Simulation suite, Solidworks, ProE, ANSYS, Fluent, Thermal Desktop, FEA and CFD background
- Background in hardware design and assembly
- Demonstrated use of machinery (CNC, Mill, Lathe, etc.)
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of 3D printing technology a very big plus
- nowledge of 3-D printing helpful but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
B.S. Degree in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or similar discipline.
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space!