Senior Cybersecurity Analyst- Red Team
- Job Title
- Senior Cybersecurity Analyst- Red Team
- Job ID
- Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America, NJ 07030
- Other Location
Senior Cyber Security Analyst – Red Team
Our Cyber Security and Technology Risk (CSTR) team is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst – Red Team with a proven track record in conducting network exploitation operations who can develop and execute attack plans to meet the specified objectives and who can effectively communicate mission debriefs to enhance the security of our products and organization.
- Plan, lead and execute red team operations where you assume the role of the adversary during tests, training and exercises
- Employ simulated adversary threat-based approaches to expose and exploit vulnerabilities and weaknesses to improve the security of both our products and the organization
- Replicate tactics and techniques used by modern attackers, common network exploitation and penetration techniques as well as common software exploitation techniques
- Develop attack plans to meet the specified objectives and coordinate with other Red Team Operators to achieve these goals
- Provide constructive feedback to the defenders and product teams on their successes and failures
- Develop and implement tools that assist with execution of security assessments, including custom tools and automation
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees
- Study and continue to learn how advanced attackers work and mimic them
- Help defensive teams and product teams understand how to detect and/or stop cyber attacks via purple teaming exercises, CTF demonstrations, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems / Technology, Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent field of study or a minimum of 4 years of IT experience
- Proven experience in Red Teaming or Penetration Testing
- Minimum 2 years of deep, hands-on, technical security experience with at least one of: multiple security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies and DLP among others, Web applications and Services, Cryptography, Social Engineering and Open Source Intelligence Gathering (OSINT), Mobile platforms, Software Security (Source Code Auditing and Binary Reversing)
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing exploit code or novel attacks
- Infrastructure and application level penetration testing experience
- Strong understanding of Windows and Linux environments and networking
- Strong Understanding of security vulnerabilities and common software engineering flaws
- Knowledge of attacker lifecycles and defender strategies
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in scripting
- Proficiency in PowerShell, Python, C, C#, Go or other to build and extend toolsets
- Familiarity with CND-based analytical models (Kill Chain, ATT&CK, etc.)
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content—all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world−regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America