BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Executive Assistant III
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant III
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
The Executive Administrative Support (3) candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the overall workflow and coordination of activities associated with the Senior Executive’s (SE’s) responsibilities and serves as the liaison between the component and the Intelligence Community (IC). The nature of this position demands exercising wide autonomy, latitude, and discretion regarding workflow, priorities, and methods to accomplish work in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary Point of Contact (POC) for the office and provides administrative support to 1-2 designated SEs by performing a variety of complex and routine administrative duties in compliance with written and oral guidance and policies.
- Interact with high-ranking officials within the agency and throughout the IC, the Congress, the White House, and the private sector.
- Prepare, contribute and/or provide substantive review of an extensive volume of written and oral materials.
- Perform multiple critical and time-sensitive tasks simultaneously.
- Coordinate with component divisions to assure alignment with key component priorities within Customer and the IC.
- Oversee and coordinate with component staff the development of read-ahead materials and briefing books to prepare senior executives for meetings, conferences, and other public events.
- Plan, develop, and provide substantive briefings, presentations, reports, and other materials to inform senior leadership and other stakeholders on topics of interest.
- Vet incoming correspondence, summarizes/highlights key issues or topics, and follows up to ensure proper and timely response.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments that involves determining the importance of issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting principals.
- Assist with timekeeping and updating HR systems by serving as element Timekeeper.
- Prepare regular (e.g., weekly) status reports to keep the SE apprised of important issues.
- Prepare meeting agendas, record meeting minutes, noting those actions that require follow-up, and disseminate to element staff, attendees/participants and other recipients for awareness and/or action.
- Track incoming tasks actions and update element task action tracking systems.
- Arrange domestic and foreign travel, compose travel cables and assist with processing travel vouchers.
- Assist in coordinating project/events, including planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing team events.
- Prepare to host visitors, coordinate parking, pass security clearances and escort uncleared visitors.
- Update and maintain records, files and other documents/materials (electronic or in hard copy).
This position has availability in McLean, VA or Bethesda, MD.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional; or
• Associate’s Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working within the IC.
• Knowledge of the IC and other government agencies.
• Extensive knowledge of executive level administrative processes and procedures in the IC, and an in-depth knowledge of the various executive styles, methods of operation, relationships, and authorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experience in writing/editing correspondence and briefings for senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to manage the workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously adapting schedule.
• Expert proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
• Demonstrated excellence in diplomatic, organizational, time management, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop a professional network across organizational boundaries and at all levels.
• Ten (10) years of progressively senior administrative expertise working directly for management at the CEO, SIS/SES/SNIS, VP level.